When a business files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, the 20 largest creditors of the estate may choose to form a committee that allows them to act as a single entity that looks out for the best interest of all creditors of the estate. While each creditor has its own interests, acting as a single body gives every creditor an advantage in acting against the interests of the debtor.
At Shulman Hodges & Bastian LLP, we have extensive experience representing creditors' committees in California and throughout the country. We are a reputable creditors' rights firm with a proven record of success representing the interests of our individual and business clients.
Representing Creditors In Chapter 11 Bankruptcies
Chapter 11 bankruptcies and some Chapter 7 cases are complex, high-stakes affairs, and creditors' committees need experienced attorneys to protect their interests in the outcome. We offer full-service representation to individual creditors and creditors' committees facing the issue of trying to recover what they are owed:
- Conducting investigations into the corporate records of the filing party
- Interviewing CEOs, CFOs and other officers and executives to determine the pertinent facts relating to attempts to reorganize
- Reviewing the bankruptcy plans of reorganization and disclosure statements and recommending changes or opposing it altogether
- Monitoring the business's progress throughout the bankruptcy process
- Handling priority disputes, fraudulent conveyances and other bankruptcy litigation
Our firm offers creditors' committees and individual creditors the personal, attentive service of a small law firm, with the experience and resources of a large firm. Our trial experience and bankruptcy law knowledge make us a formidable advocate in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings.
Contact Our Full-Service Business Law Firm
With law offices in Irvine and Riverside, California, we provide skilled representation to creditors' committees in California and throughout the United States. To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced bankruptcy lawyers, please contact us online or by telephone at 949-340-3400 or 949-427-1654.